2. Purifier room fire
3. Paint locker fire
4. CO2 flooding procedure
5. Uptake fires
6. O2 and C2H2 storage and operation safety
7. EPIRB and SART
9. LB brake/ lowering procedure
10. Deck foam system?
11.Where isolation valves given in fire main?
12. What is hydrogen fire?
13. What are the indications of EGB fire?
14. 2.DCP fire extinguisher?
15. Routine checks on FFA
16. Flammability diagram
17. In your kitchen what fuel is used
18. Why is the flame not traveling to the cylinder
19. LEL, UEL
20. Flammability range?
21. Between a log and a small stick which burns faster
22. When you blow on a matchstick the fire goes out. In a stove/or a black smith's hearth blowing air increases the fire.Why?
23. Why is a Relief Valve fitted on fire main?
24. International shore connection; Size? Where fitted? Which part is standard?
25. Enclosed entry procedure
26. ELSA, EEBD
27. 33 Fire main line isolating valves
28. How does a flame screen work? What is the difference between a flame screen and a flame arrestor?
29. What is a flashback arrestor?
30. Why should Acetylene bottles be used in the upright position?
31. What is the correct position for using a portable foam extinguisher?
32. Why is a sand box provided on the boiler flat?
33. What are gas-free conditions for man entry?
34. Should the ventilation blower be running in supply mode or exhaust mode, when the Oxygen check is made?
35. In a tanker, why are bonding straps used on cargo pipelines?
36. What is the rating of the electrical hand glove?
37. What is the important first aid for an electrical shock victim?
38. Is there any protection for a CO2 cylinder in case of a fire in the CO2 room itself?
39. Is the CO2 in the bottle in liquid condition or gas?
40. How does the CO2 alarm ring when the panel door is opened?
41. Can engine room bilges be pumped out in special areas?
42. What will be your action when you discover smoke coming out of
43. During your watch, if you get a under piston temperature high alarm, what will you do?
44. During your night duty on a UMS vessel, there is a fire alarm from E/R. What will be your action in case of
a. Purifier room fire
b. Running generator exh manifold on fire
c. Boiler front on fire
d. Bilges on fire
45. 102.CO2 and DCP difference?
46. Man overboard drill
47. Oil spill drill
48. Life raft floatation
49. Ship's Whistle? How does it work? Where is it fitted?
50. L boat tricing pendant / Bowsing in tackles; Purpose.
51. What is HRU? How does it work? Where is if fitted?
52. What is a Life buoy? Where is it fitted?
53. What is flash point, firepoint and auto ignition temp.
54. What are the tests done before enclosed space entry?
55. What spaces are defined as such?
56. What is the acceptable HC level for man entry?
57. What is TLV? How many types are there?
1. Deep tank construction
2. Garboard strake, sheer strake
3. Stability and buoyancy
4. Collision bulkhead
5. Camber, margin plate, intercoastal?
6. Free surface effect?
7. Static and dynamic stability?
8. LOLL, GZ,righting lever
9. Pounding effect on rudder
10. What are Skates?
11. Types of floor
12. How ship turns? Rudder function?
13. Why is rudder angle not more than 36 deg?
14. How does the ship move? Propeller function?
15. Why is the thrust bearing fitted aft?
16. What action will you take if there is a thrust bearing high tr alarm?
17. What is a "Torsion Box" in a container ship?
18. Protection/safeties on a generator
19. What is metacentric height? What is its importance?
20. What is dynamic stability? What is its importance?
21. What is a chain stopper?
22. What is a dead man brake?
23. How many brakes are there on a life boat winch?